Healthy Eating: White Pizza With Pecorino, Scallions, And Egg
Recipes And Photos By Sonja And Alex Overhiser
Perfect Pizza Dough
(Makes 1 pizza)
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp instant yeast
1/4 tbsp olive oil
A pinch of kosher salt
2/3 cup warm water
A pinch of cornmeal
1. Combine ingredients in a stand mixer, saving a little water.
2. Stir until loose dough forms. If it’s too dry, add extra water; if it’s too sticky, add a pinch of flour.
3. Start the mixer low, gradually increasing to medium speed until a ball forms, about 30 seconds, then allow it to knead for eight minutes at me – dium-high.
4. Using floured hands, mould dough into a boule-shape. Set on a floured surface and dab with a little olive oil.
5. Cover with a damp towel and leave to rise, about 45 minutes to one hour.
6. After the dough has risen, shape it into a circle. Drape the dough over your knuckles and rotate, allowing gravity to stretch it.
White Pizza With Pecorino, Scallions, And Egg
You may think eggs are an unusual pizza topping, but these breakfast favourites are a great low-calorie way to get your protein. Plus, they’re delicious!
Nutritional Information (per slice)
Protein: 10 g
Carbs: 25 g
Fat: 7 g
(Makes 8 slices)
1 pizza dough
4 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded Pecorino Romano cheese
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Prepare the pizza dough. Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 475°F.
2. In a small skillet, heat half the olive oil and add the scallions, sautéing until slightly tender, about one minute. Remove from heat.
3. When the oven is ready, stretch the dough into a circle.
4. Pull the pizza stone from the oven and carefully place the dough on it. Brush olive oil over the dough and sprinkle with kosher salt and cheese.
5. Add scallions and carefully crack two eggs on top before sprinkling with a little more kosher salt.
6. Transfer the pizza to the oven and bake until the egg white is set and the yolk is still runny, about seven minutes.